Saturday, September 11, 2010

Which Gospel

Thought number one is, WOW! It really has been a long time since I have posted on here. I am hopeful that I will be able to do so a bit more often from now on. Plus, I miss all of my wonderful blogging friends!

So, do you want to know whats on my mind this morning? Good! Because I want to share it with you!

We all hear a vast array of teaching. Some comes from sources whom believe A is the right perception of the Gospel and others believe B is the right perception, others C and so on and so forth. But, how do we know what is really truth with so many teachings available?

I once read in Velvet Elvis, a wonderful book by Rob Bell, that the Bible is like a sparkling Gem. It has many sides and colors. If you look at it one way you see it as blue, another pink, yet another yellow and so on. This is of course paraphrased in my own words and understanding of what I read.

So, does this mean that everything is right? Am I trying to tell you that there is no right and wrong, that what you think or believe is right for you, regardless of what it is?

NO! We must see every color and side of the Bible through the direct revelation of the person of Jesus Christ! Without this we see things void of the Fathers heart and love for us.

Paul tells us in Galatians that there is a true Gospel. The Gospel of truth and freedom in Christ. As a matter of fact, he corrects the Galatians for allowing themselves to be put back under the law, walking away from the freedoms they once walked in through believing in the truth of Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Following rules and regulations do not make you righteous in the sight of God. Believing, relying on and clinging to Jesus is what makes us righteous! Even Abraham was counted as righteous simply because he believed God.

I have found in my own life that there are certain rules I live by, but not because they make me righteous, but because they are good for me and make my life easier. Because it is my desire to do what is right for me and my family. It is MY desire to do what I believe glorifies God, in my actions attitude and behavior. Not because I willed it and tried to change myself, but because I have been transformed in these areas through the presence and the power of my Lord!

Believing that Jesus is the source of our righteousness does not mean that we live a life void of any order, it simply means that we have order because we see that it is good. We see that through the power of the Holy Spirit we can walk with ease as we are lead and changed by Him. He will create order in our lives through our surrender to Him. His desire becomes our desire as we are filled with more of Him, and receive deeper revelation of His love for us.

Not every teaching fills you with freedom in Christ. Some teaching points you back to self-effort and teaches that YOU must be able to live a certain way and follow a list of rules to be right in the sight of God. They teach that it is up to you to make yourself right and acceptable to the Father.

But, that's not what Paul said. Paul said that the true Gospel is the Gospel of freedom in Christ through the power of the Holy spirit! This is where radical transformation takes place.

All of your self-effort is like rubbish and dirty rags. Who do we think we are, if we believe we can becom like God without His power working and operating in our hearts and minds? If we could be righteous through our own efforts, then why did Jesus have to die?

What Gospel do you believe?

10 comments:

RCUBEs said...

When someone's teachings seem to be pointing more to them, instead of Christ, that's a big clue to me! Wow! It's nice to hear from you sister. Praying all is well and I know you're sister Christy's friend. Praying for her as well.

I love the "gem" analogy! The thing about men is that our hearts can be deceitful!

Thanks for this thought provoking post! Love and blessings.

Toyin O. said...

We can attain the life God is calling us too only by his grace.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Cheri Bunch said...

Welcome back, friend!!! I have missed you! This was a timely word for me. Thank you for being led of the Spirit! Blessings, Cheri

Angela said...

. It is MY desire to do what I believe glorifies God, in my actions attitude and behavior. Not because I willed it and tried to change myself, but because I have been transformed in these areas through the presence and the power of my Lord!

amen amen amen girl!! I LOVED this statement.

jhazmyn said...

"Following rules and regulations do not make you righteous in the sight of God. Believing, relying on and clinging to Jesus is what makes us righteous!'

I agree with this statement, its not the laws we follow but the person we follow that matters most.

Missed u much Daveda, and its sure good to have you back...:)

Patrinas Pencil said...

.....by the power of the Holy Spirit in me. Not many mention this truth. But truth is, I can't survive in this world without His power in me. I just can't. I don't know how others can.
I believe the same gospel as you do. In Christ, I am free. Praise Jesus.

Patrina <")>><

kc bob said...

I like the picture of the Bible as a sparkling Gem. The older I get the more color is see in it.. oddly I no longer see the blacks and whites that I used to see. :)

David C Brown said...

"But we believe that we shall be saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus", Acts 15: 11.

Connie said...

Hi Daveda, I love your heart and pursuit of Jesus! Thank you for your encouraging words and reminder that our righteousness is found in Him. I love your blog!

Connie Witter

Sarah said...

I took a bit of a break too friend. It's nice to come back and splash with you.

Wanna do something spunky and eternal this Christmas? Then, you are nvited you to a water buffalo party! No formal attire required, just stop by and splash along with us.

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2010/12/all-i-want-for.html

Be blessed bunches,
Sarah