Monday, June 8, 2009

I Am Not Shaken!

Do you ever think about tomorrow and wonder what is to come?

I used to wonder what tomorrow would bring and I would sometimes be afraid. I lived in the thought process that "What God has for me might not be good, but it will prove a good purpose." Now, I'm not denying that sometimes we go through hard times, but where is your hope in those times? If we really believe that God has bad things in store for us in order to "teach us a lesson", then what is there to hope in?

I have HOPE.

If you are thinking that I must not have any "hard times" in my life, you are wrong. However, the "hard times" do not seem so "hard" when my hope is in a good and loving Father, who has nothing but blessing in His heart for me.

I believe in the finished work on the cross.

As a matter of fact their is a lot of change happening in our lives right now, there is a lot I am still believing God for. But I am not shaken. Not shaken by the lack of work, not shaken by the lack of faith in others, not shaken by the enemies attempts to lie and tell us that we are not well, not shaken by the fact that I know in my heart big changes are coming.

I am no longer afraid of the future.

I am not shaken, I am excited! I am excited to see how God will supply. I am excited about what God has for us. I know, that I know, that I know, that God's plan is good. All He has for me is good! It does not matter if I get life right all the time, who does? It does not matter that I do not have any answers, because God does.

I look forward to it.

I feel free. I do not have to figure life out. I simply believe and trust Him, and He will show me the way. I qualify for all the goodness God has for me, not because I am perfect and qualify on my own, but, because Jesus, qualified me! He qualifies me because He took all of my sin and shortcomings and gave me HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS! I am in right standing with God and I qualify for all of His promises in my life, simply because I believe and trust Him.

I qualify, because of HIM.

So do you!

11 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Amen! He surely have a plan for us - to give us hope and a future...Glory to God! God bless you sister.

christy rose said...

AMEN! Daveda! We qualify because of Jesus!!!!!Great Post!
I am shouting, "REDEEMED!!!" right along with you!

See you this week,
Christy

Lisa said...

Daveda,
I needed to hear that today. Thank you! I AM FREE! God's promises are mine, because I trust Him to do what He said He is going to do! I don't know him time frame necessarily, but I know He is never late and I won't be forsaken.

Thank you for being a vessel to deliver this message from our Heavenly Father. He knows and He cares and that's all we need to know!

PRAISE THE LORD!!! :)

Heart2Heart said...

I loved your post today! Too many people think that once you become a Christian, thinks get easier in your life. HA! I wish that we so true, we just have a Father that comes through when we need Him the most.

I am becoming a follower of yours thanks to Christy!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Tracy said...

Nothing happens in our lives that isn't first filtered through the sovereign hand of God.
God is always good!
That is sooo good to know!

Cynthia said...

You know this is exactly where I am in my life right now "It does not matter that I do not have any answers, because God does" Many things are going wrong all at once but its OK. I have a God who is holding it all in His hand!

StandingFirm said...

Amen! I love knowing He has a plan for me, Faith keeps me calm, He will never give me more than He's equipped me to handle and His strenght is strong enough to handle more than I can imagine ... good or bad.

Billy Coffey said...

I'm so glad I came over here today, Daveda. You've just done wonders for my mood.

Angela said...

amen amen amen sis....Oh my,,,how my heart rejoiced in reading this post and totally relate to it all,,I have been 'talking' to God about this within my own life, and the transformation He has made within our family and our surroundings..peace REIGNS..no matter what,,peace reigns,,that is truly His doing!!

Warren Baldwin said...

I admit that I am sometimes apprehensive about the future. But then I remember such verses as "The one who is in you is stronger than the one who is without" and "He did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but of power."

Your post is a good reminder that we have nothing to fear, thanks! wb

Anonymous said...

Amen!!! You have a way with words and your positive attitude is extremely contagious! :)